Friday, April 14, 2017

Spring Mixed Media Canvas

With new seasons comes new inspiring projects. This means brighter colors not only outside my crafting window but inside my crafting space as well.
One of my favorite things to do is decorate my craft shed and what better way to get inspired then by the beautiful blossoming flowers I see outside my window.
 
 
 
One of the greats thing about crafting is the flexibility for change. I had originally planned to create an Easter project since its right around the corner but soon changed my mind when I grabbed a cluster of premade flowers I created when I was inspired by the beautiful view of spring outside my window.
 

 
My first step was to prep my canvas with Gesso. I knew I was going to want to use some of my Heidi Swap sprays and wanted to make sure that my color soaked into the canvas. 
I set aside my canvas to dry and went on to choosing my papers. I had a few papers I pulled from my stash and ended up deciding on this pink paper from Jillibean soup which I then backed with the beautiful Star Struck Textured foil from Rinea.

 
Now on to my favorite part of a project! FLOWER CLUSTERS!!!  I use flowers from Wild Orchid Craft and Michaels Recollection flowers to embellish my canvas. 
 
 

 
I added texture paste that I mixed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and used a stencil to apply.
 
 


 



My final step was to add some crushed silver glass glitter with heavy gel in random spots of my canvas. I'm very happy with  how my project came out and can't wait to hang it up in my crafting space.
 
I added more detailed photos down below.


 
 Thank you for joining me for another Rinea Design Team Project.
Below is a full list of products use to create this beautiful canvas along with a full detailed video tutorial.
 
 
 
 
 
Products Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment